Sunday, February 14, 2016

Another Chance To Sell You On The State

Since they decided not to just honor Washington's birthday, and I guess Lincoln's--even though I thought that was overkill--they just have President's Day.  Yippee.

But why?  What is the point, other than top reinforce reverence and loyalty to so-called leaders?  I do not like most presidents.  I see no reason to honor them any more than I would have a CEO's day, or Inventor's Day.

The degree of subtle and not so subtle conditioning that we buy into to ensure we are cooperative pawns of authority is alarming.  At least to malcontents like me.  I will celebrate Independence Day.  President's?  Just because?  Forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive