Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Normally I don't participate in the resolution ritual. This year it has become evident that some things need to change.

resolution 2009---develop the skill of transporting a cup of coffee from one end of the cabin to the other without feeding part of it to the floor, or my shirt. Further, employ this skill at the homes of others and in my car. Obviously this drinking problem has gone far enough. The coffee spillage issue is not new. Years ago a friend noted that the only time I kept all the coffee in the cup was when I was falling down stairs. Sad but true.

Another resolution is more along the lines of maintaining rather than changing: keep a roof overhead, food in the cupboard and working transportation throughout the year. In short, do what it takes to ensure self sufficient survival. That could mean bringing projects to fruition, getting a job at the country store in Descanso, whatever. Don't screw the goose or queer the deal, in essence.

The underlying change required to accomplish the maintenance goal is to quit being so lazy. That means curbing my favorite hobby; slacking. Unless I can start a company--Slackerworks, LLC---and make it pay, that activity will have to be curtailed.

I think that is more than enough in the way of resolutionary resolve.

4 comments:

  1. my new year resoulotion is to make new ones next year.happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course if you manage to ace Resolution #2, you can afford more coffee, a laundry service and a waterproof covering for your floor...so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky guy, you! Living in a cabin!? Cool. :)

    I did'nt make any resolutions, but I'm making a "try to" list.

    Maybe post that for tomorrow.

    ~Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know on the coffee spillage issue. For me, using a larger mug didn't work, other than I don't walk across the floor as often. My coffee sure got cold though. Stairs...maybe I should try stumbling on stairs to keep the coffee in the mug. I hadn't thought of that. Thank for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive