Monday, February 23, 2009

Imagining the Best

There is a theory that you can attract things you want, or don't want, in life by consciously picturing them. I can only guess that others, especially worriers, have a tendency to picture the worst. In most matters I'm not a big worrier. I do have my areas of paranoia or concern though.

It seems that the more I dwell on the worst of my condition, the more it perpetuates and becomes entrenched. I know that the big move across the universe was begun with the realization that it could be done. It took a lot of effort to make it happen. All part of the big picture goal which was to climb out of the pit. Vague as that may sound, that is exactly how it felt. A dark sticky tar ridden pit with steep slippery sides.

Now that phase one or so has been accomplished, I have discovered that continuity of effort is required in order to prevent falling into the new pit that stagnation brings. No way I want to deal with that again. Hell no, I won't go.

Anyway, now I want to formulate a clearer better picture of how I think things could be, and should be, for a healthier more stimulating life. Variations of the word stimulate have been so rampant lately, the word is nearly in the category of those which bring a gag reflex. Even so, that is the best term for this context. It works in concert with passion, I think. Passion tends to require an object. We're not just going for the typical significant other scenario here, although the proper love goddess has got to fit in there sooner or later.

Where I am, the kinds of friends I already have, and much else is uncannily close to what I imagined when I tried to visualize what circumstances I wanted to find at the end of my journey. Coincidence? I wonder. Actually, I think the friends are better and more understanding and inspiring than I imagined.

I'm only saying this to help me get away from thinking about unwanted views of my future self. If I imagine those, I will soon be that. I'd rather do better.

It's one thing to draw opportunities to yourself, but another to actually make something of them. Good things come my way frequently, and people tend to treat me really well. Better than average it seems. But I often find I drop the ball or get confused at that point. The result is I run and hide until I'm forgotten or reviled. I used to, anyway. That is a pattern that has to go.

So, settling on the scene I want for the future is important. It helps the actions of today which will bring it become easier to initiate. It involves work, setting, people, health, and more. There are plenty of things to be accomplished, many of which would benefit the lives of others, and could make me rich enough.

5 comments:

  1. "uncannily close to what I imagined"

    "But I often find I drop the ball or get confused at that point."

    I understand this post. The two lines quoted fit my own hopes and concerns. Amazing, I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try picturing a brighter future but damn it's hard! Let's hope we both get better tomorrows...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all does start with your attitude and images. I have dreams and do my very best to become those dreams.

    Sometimes I have setbacks. This is a great post by the way. I'm especially encouraged by the depths of your friendships comments.

    You have the right formula. What is next man?

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving the role of imagining a better future aside -- my jury is still out on that one -- I can offer a better explanation for the better and more understanding friends: you are, yourself, a good friend and thus attract them.

    Either that, or there are more severely crazed people in the world than even I thought.

    I tend to think the first explanation is the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobby--I have a feeling you appreciate the good and have a talent for focussing on bringing it in to your world. You seem to know how to bring the vision into action

    It isn't so much imagining a better future as trying to picture where I want to be and how I want to feel. That seems to help ideas toward the goal spontaneously generate. It's a big internal battle not to discount my own dreams before I even have a chance to succeed or fail.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive