Monday, March 16, 2009

Waiting for the windshield to cure

They came up here to put in the windshield. Apparently this remote dirt road and community are well known as far west as El Cajon. They knew where it was as soon as I mentioned the address.

I'm waiting for it to cure awhile before driving, as suggested by the tech who performed the work. So this is post N approaching infinity. Mass production is marvelous thing. Even though I don't like the expense, it is far less than I would have thought. It would take me forever to laminate and shape pieces of glass together, then find a location and actually install the thing.

It may not be abundantly clear, but that is another reason to thank "the rich".

In light of the present climate which validates class envy and the misguided notion that your lack is somehow because of what someone else has, I may start doing a series on why the rich (or those perceived as rich) should be publicly thanked, supported, and treated as a national treasure.

5 comments:

  1. I thought when you lived out in the country you could grow your own windshields. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I though you WERE farther west than El Cajon. There are a lot of places farther west than El Cajon. I am soooo confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey - John or Juan(my personal favorite) put this on your list of friends - and give me a shout out when you get a chance...

    glashows@gmail.com

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done deal. oops, I didn't see the name before.
    By the way, my family has been calling me Juan for the last 20 years. It's either a long or short story why. Since I'm not sure why, I don't know which it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. time to find out on the story - unless it's just easier to say Juan - all soft consanents.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive