Thursday, April 30, 2009

Things I notice But Don't usually mention

Since I've been out here, I have noticed an abundance of flowers. I can't identify most flowers so I won't give that rundown. Plenty of them and mostly in electric colors, yellow hot pink, glowing red and purple, etc. Now I see why I don't mention these things.

I see more hummingbirds in a week than I've seen in my entire life up to arriving here. I've seen them close enough to touch if I had quick enough hands, and the will to disrupt an innocent hummingbird's day.

There is an extraordinary abundance of good looking women, mostly wearing rocks on their fingers befitting their whatever. I noticed anyway. I'm just pointing these things out so people don't think I have no sense of the general aesthetic of the hood.

I've seen more pick up trucks than I recall seeing anywhere, even in pickup land south of years ago. That's outside the heart of the city, mostly.

Overall I've seen more politeness than I'm used to, even among the meanest looking people. Not always when they are driving though. Pick ups are the main offenders as are BMW's, on the road. There seem to be more Lexus and Mercedes than BMW. I approve of that. Toyota is king overall.

It is far more difficult to predict rain here than anywhere, even when the sky is dark and the air feels misty. It only pretends like it is going to rain most of the time.

I have also noticed things that I'm leaving out because I'll end up moping. Moping is forbidden until after rehab in Florida.

What they don't know is that I have more crazy teak adventures lined up for when I return. I'm not doing any cold turkey teak quit for good. I'll just learn how to deal with it in moderation.

2 comments:

  1. Wow,

    I notice things like that when I'm in different environments too. I was thinking about this as I was running yesterday in fact.

    People are people no matter where you go and I have come to the conclusion that it is how I react (most of the time) that causes people to either be nice or nasty. I just say "hi" and let it go from there...

    Cheers buddy.

    Would sure like to see some pics of the teak work.

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teak is nothing special. It was a major rescue job though. Just outdoor wood, and on the one job I question if it is all teak.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive