Sunday, July 12, 2009

Moon over Alpine

It was a little warm inside tonight. So I wandered out on the deck to cool off. Then the real moon rose so I had to become civilized. Really, I didn't have to, but just in case some border jumpers were crawling down the mountain I felt it would be best.

At least it isn't like the naked Buddhist place, with a bidet on the deck, next to a toilet. I still find that somewhat over the top. However, if I can't make sense of life otherwise, that's where I'll go to drop out altogether. Fortunately, I have a long way to go before that happens. As long as I can picture that scenario and immediately feel the response in my mind, "no, I think not", I know I'm on this side of the line.

One thing that I find I crave out here, which was not available in other places I've lived, is altitude. If all else fails I just cruise over to the 6000ft overlook. It is not a lot, but it is over 5000ft. I find I feel better above that point. O2 deprevation or whatever, it cheers me up and I find it easier to regain a shred of optimism. I also find it easier to remember various ideas and things that might provide that passion I'm after.

I live at almost 3000 ft. It's easier to play music at sea level. This is a good practice elevation, no doubt. If only I practiced.

Insomnia lets up now and then, usually about the time I ought to wake up. Enough to drive a guy to sniffing glue. Instead I am trying melatonin and some stuff called Alluna. Rather than use one or the other, I think the combo works best. Of course it is an all natural, blablabla solution, so not doubt it won't work that well.

Being down on all the earth, animal, and greenhouse friendly solutions makes me sound like those people who ignore all consequences of actions. I'm not like that. I've just found very few of those alternatives that are worth anything. My favorite solvent of all time is MEK, methyl ethyl keytone. Maybe it is earth friendly and good for animals and I just don't know it.

Alcohol is my second favorite and everyone loves that. But for fuel you really can't beat petroleum products. They move you further down the road per unit used.

Just talking nonsense because I don't want to quit writing altogether. It should be an easy life. hell with it. It's progress and that is better than regress(?), or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive