Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Summertime Blues

Maybe if the DMV hadn't made me three months younger I'd feel differently. Probably just a matter of maturity, or lack thereof.

Tomorrow is a day of much work so I hope the energy is there. Good thing they are the kind of jobs I like. The result is visible and easy to define. Time is short, since in just a couple of days it's off to see my friend who never ceases to confound amuse and astound. Hell if I know. It will be good. Let's hope it is cold enough that no AC is required. At least the plane has that essential element.

Universal health care? Forget it. What about universal Air Conditioning? Better yet, I guess I could save up and buy my own. Landlord would not be keen on the idea, no doubt. Maybe I could be real ambitious and just buy a place with AC. Or live in my car and leave the engine and air running 24/7. Maybe not. Oh yea. I can make my own version of a swamp cooler, except it will be art as well. I forgot. That was supposed to be done by now--been too hot to work on it.

The coast does not have this issue to the same degree. The heat that is. The lack of air conditioners is as widespread there, even in the nicest areas. And I wonder why they say people are nuts out here. At least we have something in common. I like them but I have to do something about this resistance to real climate control. They think they can control the weather but won't control the temp in a building, which is a proven possibility. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive