Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Is The Economy a Separate Entity From Normal Life, like the weather?


Never mind.  I deleted the spiel.   Life is life and trying to control the interactions of humans or grab a share of their trades, just because, leads to problems and imbalance.  Simple as that.
Things will always be curbed and influenced.  Perhaps it is a matter of degree which is the crucial point.  I'm sure there is a mathematical way to find the point at which control and interference multiply problems rather than contains their proliferation.  Sort of an offshoot of the point of diminishing returns concept.

How to discern between good and bad economy

That holds in many areas of life.   A case was brought to my attention which demonstrated to me how people seek instability and insecurity.   These people aren't hurting for money, don't worry how next month's rent will get paid, so they manage to create other issues which are equally troubling.  At least from my point of view.  I'd rather live in a campsite than endure the confusing powerplays and tangled web that they are weaving. 

That caused me to wonder if people find difficulty letting go of unpleasant drama in their lives.  They may overcome the financial or job worries only to replace them with other personal stress.   It took me awhile to get used to the reduced drama and stress the ballistictour yielded.  I consciously wanted to free myself of the stuff but it felt weird at first to realize I had accomplished just that.  It takes effort to maintain a lack of drama, but it does become the new habit.  

So now, when I get rich, I plan to take pains not to tangle myself up in some way that offsets the relief that will bring.  Rich, of course, is a relative term.  Rich for me is not all that much, but why put a limit on it?

I think the point is that reducing drama and painful angst is a choice and a hard earned skill.  That is one striking thing about my best friends out here; they are very drama free and don't suffer dramatists gladly.  I have not always been so aware of these things.    Some people think when I am joking and feigning pretend drama that I am serious.   I have to watch that.  If they believe, then I might buy my own act if I'm not careful.

Back to THE ECONOMY.   If my own economy is OK, then the economy is fine.  If I have a roof overhead, can keep my beloved Subaru in fuel and oil, and put food on the table (in that order) then the economy is minimally OK.  The rest is manipulation by elitists and misguided hoodoos.  Hopefully we can curb their efforts enough through non support and dirty looks to keep the world of opportunity alive, if not as free and open as once it was.

----They advertise studies on the radio and sometimes they sound so good I want to participate even though I don't have the problem they are addressing.  I guess they wouldn't be fooled.  

1 comment:

  1. I suspect that some people get addicted to drama and complications in their lives (and so attract & create same) the way some folks get hooked on booze or drugs. They have no other context in which to deal with the world.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive