Monday, November 2, 2009

Mystery Brows of Senior Advisor Axelrod

How does he do it?   David Axelrod, who may or may not be paid (I guess the pres can call someone an advisor and pay him out of public money)  to speak as if he is the last word on the domestic and foreign policies of the USA, has the ability to move his eyebrows at least six inches above their at rest position.  They seem to make this journey on their own, independent of one another, and without apparent reason or stimulus.  

The eyebrows also look to be interchangeable with the mustache.  Interchangeable parts.   

What is most remarkable is that his eyebrows can move down below his eyes.   Yes, he can move his eyebrows down so that he can peek over them, and he does this when explaining the unexplainable to that nitwit Bob Scheiffer. 

I think there was a muppet with similarly mobile, autonomous eyebrows.  I'm not sure. I know I've seen the arrangement before, and on a puppet.   It is a new twist to see such facial gymnastics on the puppeteer. 

2 comments:

  1. Are you thinking Sam the Eagle? or Waldorf from the balcony? Both had great eyebrows...moveable..I dunno. But expressive.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe a cross between the two, and the cookie monster

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive