Friday, April 9, 2010

Strange Days: part 2010.420

I know these things don't bother most people, and I often wonder why they bother me. Even more often, I wonder why they don't seem to concern others. Maybe it has to do with conditions of my youth. Then again, I may be right.

OK. Treaties. When did countries like Russia ever actually honor them? Putin, being a product of USSR and KGB, is not the sort you wave down to say you are going to take the bullets out of your gun for no good reason. It is pointless.

The oft quoted notion that the job of the USA is to bring our way of life or democracy to the rest of the world. No, it is not our job, and it is a terrible idea. Live free and mind your own business. Either others choose to follow that lead or not. If they don't mess with you then leave it at that. We have more people in jail than anyone, so how about we fix our own place.

Everything divided up between minorities and whatever is left over. And on top of that, lumping all females in the group considered a minority. What about just enforcing equal treatment under the law, eliminating a slew of laws, and that's that? Anything else is unequal treatment under the law and can never work well in the long run.

I knew life was getting screwy in this country when I found a little girl's purse at the airport, where I worked, and my coworkers were pissed off because I refused to take the money it contained before tracking down the rightful owner. In Memphis, working for that same company, Out of 21 employees it turned out that only 4 or 5 did not steal from the company on a regular basis. I mean real theft--money. I may be overstating the case by saying as many as five did not steal. It may have only been three.

I have a feeling the last years of my life will be spent in hiding. Maybe I never should have read Brave New World, Anthem, or 1984. We are so there it is scary. Uninvited and unwarranted authority and oversight over individual lives gives me the creeps. I'm constitutionally incapable of taking it voluntarily. I always hated bullies, and often found ways to launch counter attacks as a youth, or yout, if you prefer.

What good does it do for a governor and/or senator to "survey damage" with a cadre of cameras and reporters after an earthquake? Can't they just get the info via pictures and such? What a waste of money to fly them down there then disrupt the town for security reasons while they walk around looking serious for the cameras. I'm sure Calexico is so much better off since the morons, Arnold and Barbara Boxer made their appearance. I've always despised that politician grandstanding trick.

The thing that stills puzzles me is why the elitists want world domination and total control of the lives of individuals. It is against the nature of man, providing the species is not drugged. What is happening is definitely a big leap toward closing off every last vestige of life lived without permission and control. I don't even know if I can ride a bike on this dirt road without a helmet. I think you are supposed to have a license to keep a cat or dog. I can only hope that it quickly comes around to bite those who continually play smartass with the rationalizations for such tyranny because up until now they are not affected.

I'm a poor candidate to seek citizenship in Cuba. I can definitely see that. I believe Boxer is the one who thinks the Cuban model of control is admirable. They must hate people like me who just want to live a day without worrying about what forms I may have not kept up with.

VAT? What a euphemism, "value added tax". More like cost added at gunpoint. No value is added. No long term benefit is derived. This is what guilt over being productive has given us. There are some very seedy people in high places directly in government and in companies which use government to gain power. That's why so much stuff is made in foreign sweat shops in less than free countries.
Screwed up mess.

If you think third world people are fun, and that ignorance is genius, just take a look at who drives like homicidal/ suicidal maniacs as a percentage of the notable crazies on the road. First subtract out the lawyers on cell phones in the BMWs after happy hour.

3 comments:

  1. As my own rebellion, I refuse to license the cats. Rabies shots, yes. License, no. Why should I be taxed on my cats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. in Germany you need a license to keep dogs, but not cats. It's primarily because they poop all over the streets and parks and their owners are too stupid to pick it up.

    I agree with many of your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CF--if you aren't careful the vet will turn you in. That happened to someone I know of in Wis. Police got involved, fines levied---owning a cat---it's a privilege not a right....no license, no cat!

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive