Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cracker Hoe

Before the dawning of the age of idiots, that would describe an item used to harvest a cracker crop. Now, well, now it is what it is.

Generally speaking I am just angry. Free floating anger. No point in that.

It gets hot up here. The coast will be freaking because the temperature pushed 75, while it blows on past 90 here.

I almost hope for the chaos and disruption a revolution or big storm etc would bring. I think I am only relaxed when nothing is constant and, by necessity, I rely on myself for the rules, not the slimy ooze our governments have become. It could be an ADD thing or just garden variety not playing with a full deck. Or too many jokers in the deck; driving with one wheel in the sand. Etc.

Whatever it is, I remember how life became so much easier when hurricane Andrew Hit S. FL. and all you had to do was figure out how to make things happen with what you had. No stop lights, trees in the way of streets. No electricity for a little while. All my energy left when things got back "under control". Just as if the structured powers sucked it out of me when they came back on line.

Again I am restless and despite friendships I feel like a misfit. Only this go round, I am not going to attempt any sort of fit which requires I change anything. Screw that. Nothing to prove, no one to please. It is not fun, but it beats the alternatives.

Can't wait to get out into the unknown again.

4 comments:

  1. weight it out, wade it out, wait it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no cable or telephone in the mountain. We listen to music and goof off outdoors. My cell phone does text messages but doesn't work for voice.

    Must confess, I love the silence...

    I enjoyed out last hurricane power outage. Played lumberjack all day and grilled out with neighbors at night. Sweet!!!

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in good company: Oskar Schindler didn't function well in "normal" circumstances either, but he thrived on the chaos of WW2 & the persecution of the Jews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: That was not meant to imply that you profit off of others' misery... :)

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive