Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Post 23 for the day:Self Improvement Program-save the misfit

OK. Rule number 1 is to form a concept of the desired lifestyle and quality of life one thinks is right for him/her/it
Rule 2: from now on attempt to use "it" as the universal pronoun, noun, whatever. Who can be offended or twist that?

In picturing what the desired life circumstance should be, I can't go too far or get overly detailed, or overly general. Very tricky.
Those who have the sort of life continuity that has yielded generally gratifying results don't need to make such conscious effort to plot tomorrow as it has apparently become a habit already to take the proper steps.

The misfits among us have not all figured out how to find their fit, hence the tag, "misfit". That would be where I place myself at this time. Some people think I like that role. I really don't in most respects. Not conforming in some ways does not bother me, especially when I am acting upon the firmly embraced portion of my value system. Also, it is the birthright of any individual not to conform in any way which does not step on the natural rights of others.

I'm addressing issues which have nothing to do with others per se. In order to better the world around you, the best place to start is with your own world. I believe that to be true. If my affairs are in disarray how can I think to decide how you run your life?

My goal is to have not much clutter around me, be able to use the resources I have, both tangible and intangible, and the nerve to pursue the efforts which I think could bring in some wealth. (In my world, wealth includes any income, not just big money). There are tools, materials, half started projects, objects and whatnots buried in boxes, piles, and hidden all over the place in my junk. It is daunting to think I used to possess so much more in the way of material goods, and bads. Hard to recall when my stuff was under my control and not run amok as it is now.

So, I think in order to move forward in a positive way I must deal with the tedium and whatever it is that plagues me when facing items that may bring feelings and memories of the past. Get over it. I need that ex drill sergeant therapist from the GEICO commercial. It is meant as a joke, and is funny, but I think his approach would probably work better than most.

So, goal one is to not live in a state of material chaos. This has plagued me on and off for decades. And I've blabbed the same blabber about it.

Alright, once it is put in better order, then I will put the toe in the water---begin projects 1, 2, and 4; all of which have been clearly defined but I do not want to list in detail. None of these excludes the other. They can be done more or less concurrently.

A byproduct goal is to provide an example and chronicle of success in converting a middle aged male hermit lone wolf life, of one who cannot afford to be old yet, into one filled with zest zeal and zoom, and a healthy degree of accomplishment. In the process perhaps some service to others will also result. Balance between work, play, spirit and whatever else their is will somehow be achieved. Once that is in place, I'll be set to participate when some state opts out of the union, or fighting for freedom becomes a stark reality. I'm a born freedom fighter.

Being free is the proper spiritual condition of the human being. Being part of an ant colony run by the queen* is not.

*a euphemism for any ruling elite; man woman, child, corporate entity, racist organizations, unions or religious institution.

1 comment:

  1. The GEICO drill sergeant commercial is brilliant! I'm tempted to record it and play it on an endless loop at times of stress.

    Zest, zeal and zoom all sound good. They are in short supply, as are zygotes. There's always Zzyzx....

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive