Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brilliant Tax Idea

It could be the zeitgeist or maybe rampant schadenfreude is to blame, but I have noticed in my life that when you are married or heavily attached, the world shows you (and I'm speaking of males here because I am not sure if it holds as well for females), OK the world shows you 9 times more love than when you are alone and unaffiliated.

Therefore, I think married guys should be taxed at twice the rate. Just temporarily, of course, until we "win the future", or get out of debt, or whatever it is that trips your trigger. Everyone knows it is true. Get a girlfriend or wife and women throw themselves at you. Everyone is your friend.

Find yourself out in the cold and you're lucky if you catch a glimpse of any of those chicks as they run away like the wind. Doesn't seem fair does it? And we, of course, are all about fair. That's why we hate the rich. They should suffer too. Exactly.

So, I think it only fair to impose a heavy marriage tax, unless you can prove that your wife beats you and engages in abuse that you don't enjoy.

Guys who get caught having affairs but don't get kicked out and raked over the coals financially, (Bill Clinton for example), should have to pay a heavy penalty. They have been enjoying extra helpings while some get none at all. Unfair as all get out.

This kind of out-of-the-box thinking is what They've been asking for. To find such insights, sometimes you have to go to those who spend way too much time out of the box.

I'd explore the nuances of having skin in the game, but maybe this is enough for now. Great Idea, I think. It's for the greater good, a way to give back, what you can do for your country.

6 comments:

  1. Skip the marriage tax. I'm repellent for chicks so it wouldn't help me.

    I'm not real fond of guys who screw around on their wives. Often there is a hefty penalty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verbovore says:

    Well, I guess we should consider ourselves lucky: we don't yet have a soul tax (http://www.answers.com/topic/soul-tax), the way they used to in Russia; unmarried guys'd have to pay 2 soul taxes because they were "supposed" to have a wife. (Believe it or not, in rome there was also once a urine tax, ROTFL! http://www.neatorama.com/2007/04/19/what-wont-they-tax/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verbovore says:

    PS, In the ever more secularistic environment of modern society, I don't think we need ever fear a soul tax (only if Shari'a triumphs: then, if you have a Patrick Henry type soul, you'll have to pay one for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Verbovore says:

    PPS: Don't mean to be a comment hog, but there're places where they levy bachelor taxes! YIKES! (http://tinyurl.com/afun24)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes is right. I got soul AND rhythm. Could be costly. Good thing I'm not all that funky.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive