Monday, January 31, 2011

It All Just Appears

Held hostage by unnecessary difficulties. That is the way of it.

That is how it works in my own existence and in the larger picture.

I know I am not happy to think that Egyptian instability could raise the price of fuel. I'm particularly not happy because the dependence on foreign oil is a false market, created by evil-doers and useful idiots. There is no reason we should be dependent upon that, and no reason we should be a little stretched in the refinery department.

Not only that, but had there been a truly free world without the government-business partnership which manipulates competition and demand, there may be more reasonable alternatives already at hand.

The main thing is that when the writing has been on the wall for fifty years or more, how shocked can you be when things come to pass? And how stupid is it to then look to the same philosophy and people who created the problem to fix it?

On the personal level, there is little choice. You make your problem you fix it. But you do have to fix the problem with a different approach from that which created it.

2 comments:

  1. This, and your previous post, make it all too clear that you see the current Egyptian situation with far more clarity than than is being shown by any of our so-called leaders in government.

    If I were in charge, I'd send you to settle the issues involved, if I thought common sense would have any good effect.

    (And, by the way, if I hadn't already planned to send you to a certain Caribbean island to replace the tottering government there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed your calling: as Scribbs says, you should've been a government consultant.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive