Sunday, February 27, 2011

ballistic mtn 2-28-2011


Big deal in the land of perpetual summer, near the land of perpetual spring. (out here vs coast).
In San Diego a rain shower is a winter storm.
First good snow since I've been here. It will soon melt.
I wish I hadn't partially swept off the car prior to this. It was dramatic.

update: Now it is a pure blue sky, bright sun and maybe 50 degrees or so. Never have I lived anywhere that had so many pure blue sky days. But something is different. maybe the fact that I'm thousands of miles from the Gulf Stream. I need a road trip to settle if what I feel or remember is real or imagined.
It is easy to forget that Miami is ultra hectic and peopled by the unbalanced and loud for the most part, or that there are other complications elsewhere in the east. When you are a misfit, it follows you no matter where you go. At least it does me, so far.
I periodically get freaked out about it. I never feel like I fit and I am almost sure it is my doing, but how to undo it?

It's a beautiful day and hordes of cityots have descended upon Pine Valley and points north and east to see the snow, throw snowballs at their kids, and drive two inches behind the car ahead of them.
I took a brief tour this morning and came back home. They don't know about Ballistic Mountain or they'd be sliding up our hill.

2 comments:

  1. Nice vid. Pretty area. You saw mine. I am with cabin fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, it is a nice backyard for sure. Cabin fever here is purely in the mind and has nothing to do with the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive