Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dynamic Disruption

It has been another odd phase in the life. Just not in balance. Not synchronized.

That leaves me a little less than at the top of my game when it comes to reading people and their reactions.

So, hopefully Fin and BG had a good time on the brief tour. I think they were tired from driving all day, and really just wanted to eat and sleep.

I ignored those clues, held them hostage in my dirty car, made them look at my horror film dirty house, and finally drove them back toward their hotel and safety. No one screamed or cried so I guess it was not too bad.

It was enjoyable to me, except I hate having the big mess. For some reason I went ahead and let them see that problematic aspect of things. I guess I thought it would be bad not to take them to the back deck so they could judge if I tell lies or accurately depict my circumstances. It is not a bad place.

I felt bad once I realized how tired they were. It has to be a byproduct of the break neck itinerary. I'm still wondering if it would have been better not to take them for that drive around the neighborhood.

In any case they were clicking off pictures like a couple of Japanese tourists. Is that racial? So be it, and who cares. Do Japanese tourists generally snap more pictures that the ones from Poland or Iceland? Who knows. It is their reputation.

They were headed up the coast first thing the next morning. I guess all is OK. I did hear that BG left her fancy water bottle in my car. I mailed it to her home in Mississippi. Had we known sooner, I could have run it out to them before they took off. I hate losing my travel cup or not having it handy.

It was good seeing them. They looked great, and they have a very spiffy rental car. I hope they enjoyed the stop. It really is a high paced trip they are on.

I'm not feeling in touch with much at the moment. Maybe that is OK

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had the chance to meet Fin and BG... as you know, I met Fin in Scotland and he's the one who introduced me to JS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Fin and B years ago. A couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JohnO, I had a great time on our visit! And, I absolutely loved the tour around Harpo-land and the look at the local libraries.

    Thanks so much for sending the water bottle, it was in the mailbox when we got home.

    Do you how often Fin compares me to a Japanese tourist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, that should
    read, "Do you know how often..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. This entry slipped under my radar till Blogger Girl told me about it on our lunchtime catchup chat.

    Yes, we were tired and hungry---but we would not have missed your tour for anything!! We are both SO apprediative of you taking time from your life to shepherd us around SoCal and show us sights we would have otherwise missed.

    As promised, I'll send you the japanese tourist photos I took of the side of your head, one at a time, and I regard the comparison as a compliment. We were both 'enchanted' with the environs, the view, the ambiance, the solitude, the splendor, the difference from the gulf coast.

    Again, thank you SO much for the wonderful tour, and sorry the payoff was only mac & cheese. Still, 'twas GOOD mac & cheese anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fin, it was great mac and cheese, and a splendid salad. Far fancier than I normally eat. Thanks.
    Glad you made it back on schedule and relatively intact--minus an accessory item or two.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive