Friday, December 23, 2011

S Fla.

Here I am in Tavernier. Got here at midday to be greeted by the signature low lying puffy cumulus clouds and sunshine. 80 degrees and a gentle breeze. The water out in Florida bay has some definite greenish turquoise hue to it. I can see that from the living room and deck here at my brother's place. It has more of that turquoise color than I remember.

It changes, depending upon the light and other factors. Lots that azure color of water in the Caribbean and off of South Florida. It is pretty nice. Earlier today, as I was driving in, I was thinking that I have no use for Florida whatsoever. But then I got to Key Largo and before I was half way through that island I began to soften on the issue.

That's the end of my story.

3 comments:

  1. Bah humbug to Anonymous. Have a great time in S. Fla. Cold and gray here so I am longing for the Christmases past with sunshine, breezes, and turquoise waters. Enjoy being with people who enjoy being with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time with your family in the Sunshine State, and we hope you will tarry awhile in the Magnolia state on the flip side.

    Merry Christmas from us both

    fin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon#1--that's just bizarre.
    Merry Christmas to the rest

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive