Sunday, May 6, 2012

Back to the Better Way

So, I'm reading the Factotum blog, and, for once, I find information I can use. Generally it is like a foggy window into how the other half lives. Which other half, I am not sure. Probably the half that doesn't find it odd that people think it is odd when a retired football player offs himself. Or when anyone does, for that matter.

And, in the midst of all the wit and wisdom, I find out that you can return to the old and improved blogger interface thing. I had not even tried. That is how they get you--resign yourself to tyranny or political correctness or the ninety nine percent, and don't look any further.

Now, I wonder if being in the ninety ninth percentile would count with the people who love to speak in terms of "we"? I'm guessing it won't register with ninety nine percent what that means.

It is worth bragging if you are in the ninety ninth percentile on standardized tests and that sort of thing. It means you are in the one percent who did better than the other ninety nine percent. You are smarter as far as their tests go. But keep it to yourself or the ninety nine percent will rough you up and take your lunch money.

Actually it is odd how life turns. Nerds become gangster politicians or else they own them, and then it all goes askew.

I have angered more than one friend because I cannot say I think the occupy business is grassroots, sincere, and truthful. I do agree that it was crooked who got bailed out in the big American spend off, and all else about how that was handled. Who cares.

They think things get better through one approach and I do not like that approach. They are wrong, as usual, but they think I am wrong. That is why they are the ninety nine percent who don't get it, and I am the one percent who does.

Best of all I got rid of the abusive interface which harassed my browser and added clicks to the process.

Thanks Factotum. Class Factotum is in the one percent who figured out this escape route.

4 comments:

  1. You are most welcome. I found it accidentally, by the way.

    PS I am rapidly becoming a Party of Me. I am aligned with no side. None of them represent me. They are all fish food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Good Salt party. I'm wondering what is fish food. Instances of my ignorance abound, and this is one.
    Maybe some of the vocal groups should call themselves the Greek Party since they are sure the Greek path will work if we all would just understand that it would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. "Fish food" sounded nicer than what I really wanted to say, which was not appropriate for a family blog.

      Delete
    2. Yay, I'm a family blog. Must be some strange families out there. I guess I already knew that.

      Delete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive