Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Many Disagree

...but I cannot help thinking this country is being overrun with a misguided neo-Bolshevik mentality. It is so stunning at times that I can hardly articulate what I see as the error of it all.

From unemployed unionizing and asking questions like, "Where is my job, Mr. President?", to officials in NYC taking it upon themselves to regulate the free will purchase of popcorn and beverages containing sugar, to hundreds of issues which involve "the public sector" controlling or regulating things beyond what their authority should be in a free world.

A union of unemployed implies that the state is the default employer. Frustration I get. Statists, I do not get. They don't realize that what is seen as corrupt corporatism mostly exists because we've allowed government to have such power. The companies not in bed with the government are far less likely to be corrupt.

Big unions are only another form of the same thing and all the big ones are heavily enmeshed with the state. Sad, but they are not truly the friend of those they allegedly represent. Not in the long run. Or even the short run in my view.

That's it. Dear America, that Bolshevik routine does not bring happiness. It sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Neo-Bolshevism has been around real thick since about '68 (it's called Gramscianism). But you're right, the thing is "cresting." Termites, all of them. But Lenin already claimed, "The bourgeoisie will give us the rope to hang them by." The diabolical cleverness of the G's is that they exploited everything that made the U.S. so desirable and used it against us. Lots of examples, but I don't want to hog the comments.

    Verbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to stick to more recognizable words which may evoke the image I'm after. Even so, I've been told most people have no idea what I'm talking about. I've been told I have no idea what I'm talking about. In essence, though, I do.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive