Monday, August 27, 2012

Reasons Not To Tweet; or tweet is for twits

Fidel Castro questioning a Cuban farmer who was later executed. Fidel betrayed the real revolution, he and Che did not carry out what the people actually supported. They still put people in prison for dissent, and even execute them. According to Ed Asner, in an interview awhile back, it is all the fault of the USA and Bush. Castro attracts useful idiots like dog droppings attract flies

Samuel L. Jackson on Monday tweeted
"Unfair s---,
"GOP spared by Isaac! NOLA prolly f----- again!"


NOLA means New Orleans, Louisiana.
Good God. People are nuts. And they still get rich. It's unfair. waah waah wah whine whine whine.
Critical thinking is a lost art altogether. Geez, Sam, do you really think NOLA folks are big victims, and it somehow is tied in with the republicans? Get a grip, man. You sound like an angry moron.

Meanwhile the Mayor of NO LA suggested people in that parish just hunker down in place, while many surrounding parishes attempt to order mandatory evacuations. Will the people there pay attention and decide for themselves whether they need to high tail it? Or will they glumly crawl up on the roof as the water rises, bitching because no one forced them to get out?

Maybe nothing will happen. My guess is that there will be some wet houses and people. New mayor, different results? I am also guessing no one could be as incompetent as their previous mayor, Nagin.

Those people sure do place a lot of faith in levees. If I were below sea level, depending upon government built levees, I'd get out if a storm surge and massive rainfall were imminent. I've been of minimal means like many of them allegedly are, but had no phone and such. I'd just go up the road a piece and sleep in the car or something. If I did not have a car, I'd look around for stuff that floats and keep it handy.

This place may be a tinder box, but it is just as pretty as can be, driving from Alpine home about 20 minutes before the sun sets. You can have New Orleans, and Memphis. I confess that I do miss Miami whenever I hear of a hurricane near Florida. Crazy but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive