Sunday, January 27, 2013

Guns Again

It is a bit daunting to hear the talk.  Even more daunting to feel corralled into one camp or the other.  If only I trusted "the authorities" more with firepower than I do the bulk of citizens.  I don't.

Some people do.  The underlying question is really one pertaining to functions of various levels of government.  I see it one way, and there is substantial disagreement with my view.

Am I here by permission, or not?  That is the essence of the question which underlies most of what is going on.  Who and what exists by permission, and by whose permission?

Often a public issue, defined by politicians and opportunists (a life form common in the press as well as elsewhere),  is somewhat of a code for something else entirely.

In any case, I'm not a gun nut, but if I decided to be, I'd like to indulge that desire unimpeded by the state.  That is unthinkable in some circles.  So be it.  I recognize the squeeze differently than most.  It's much the same as the thinking which presumes the feds ought to be in the R and D business.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive