Saturday, February 23, 2013

More Than a Haircut

I gave up on the idea of finding a good, inexpensive haircut in SD county.  My first cut here was free.   A good friend of my long time friend, Kathleen---met her when I was 16---runs a shop in Pt. Loma.  It was a grand experience, but it isn't close, and it is not a budget shop.

Every now and then I've gone back and it is always good.  The other hair professionals I've tried just fall short; never feels right after a day.  So, I gave up and decided to let it grow until I couldn't deal with it any more, then go spend the money at Jen's place.

She has become a stand up comic.  I managed to make one of her gigs.  To my surprise, she totally kicked ass.  Smart woman; owns a hotshot hair place and has an increasing schedule of comedy gigs.  It took me by surprise how good she is.  That can't be easy.

Anyway, by coincidence K was there yesterday when I showed up.  It is an appointment kind of place so I was set.  The other workers there are off on Thurs., apparently.  That meant the conversation was not censored.

What an education.  I have no idea how various topics were introduced, however they were mostly of a sexual nature.  Usually I am cognizant of the topics one might hear in discussions of this nature.  Not always.

I had no idea.  How to say it???  Did you know that some people get things bleached, kind of like Michael Jackson skin bleach I guess.  Yes, it is true.  They decide the back door mail slot needs to be less ... darkly pigmented and so they go somewhere to have their button bleached.

The discussion was bizarre.  I was informed that someone I know, who does not live in this state, had it done, and says it really improved her marriage.  Don't ask me.  My guess is that this couple is not what one might call missionary oriented.

For crying out loud, is nature just too cruel?  The under 35 or so crowd seems to think the 7 year old girl look is the bees knees.  And then they wonder about pedophiles.  Some of us view it differently.  However, at my point in life I'll ignore my preferences in these matters just because I'm glad to be there.  I do appreciate some obvious differences between girls and women.  Geez.  I'd be suspicious of guys who demand that look, ladies.  Just a word to the wise.

I can only hope the bugger bleaching doesn't catch on like the defoliating, piercing, and drawing permanent pictures on the skin have.  I like a little bit of nature, even though I guess I prefer some defoliation here and there.  And I shave my face, so I guess I sort of empathize.

It is a matter of taste and personal preference.  Still, that bit about lightening the pigment where the sun don't shine kind of shocked me.  I left feeling like I'd lost a degree of innocence.  I can't wait to get to know someone new and ask about that.

It is a sure fire ice breaker.  "Hey, Baby, have you undergone the paleface treatment on the other side of Baby's belly?"

The haircut feels great.  One of the best in years.  Was it worth discovering this trend?  I still feel pangs for my loss of innocence.  Then again, maybe I'll find out where to take the course and open up a shop. It will, of course, have the obligatory "Parking in Rear" sign.

What to name the place.... whiter than white, Lighter Shade of Pale, Dark Side of the Moon, Light Side of the Moon, Back Door Boutique, Bummer, Bum Deal

It might not be that much fun.

OK.  Better find another plan B for my future.

****caution: a google or wiki search will yield photos.  I'm kind of sorry I did it.  Wanted to be sure they weren't making joke on me.   It is real.  I did not research the matter in depth
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive