Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tales from the Oddball Work of Me

the epic garage doors with the santeria wax.  Hard to tell from this but they are textured so that power sanding is out of the question.  Had to hand sand 100% of  this to remove the disaster that happened when stripping.   Now they are doing well, and holding up as intended

This clown lives on that bench just beyond the end of the basketball court at the place where I do most of my odd work, for the wealthy, odd, and peculiarly messy elite of our country and world.  This is definitely a life size clown.  Why is it there?   Don't know.  Maybe the product of a charity auction, and one person connected to this place may be a player on the McBoard.

Other than that I am trying to find some reason for, or value in, my life, but I can't find any.   Maybe I'll table that and try again later.  You catch hell when you win, have good fortune, excel, produce, etc., and that is sick.  Despite those barbs from greedy, jealous types who blame people for success of any sort, it is far better to spend a life building something of worth than to spend it wondering why you are here.

I know many people who are sure their state of being is totally out of their control, and that those who prevail are all either cheaters, evil, or only the beneficiaries of blind luck.  They never really deserve it.  I do not agree.  

The people I know whose lives are very good, and who have built great families did it by making decent choices and working toward it.  They've done more than their "fair share" in life.  Luck is useless if you can't maintain the momentum, or even recognize it when you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever sat with Ronald? Looks like a nice sunny spot for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is creepy because he insists on his arms being around you on the back of the bench. I don't trust him, so no, I don't take breaks with Ron.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive