Friday, May 24, 2013

Documents Found

Good news.   I'm now a documented citizen (or whatever euphemism is now being used for that word).  I found not only my birth certificate but also my social security card.   You'll never guess where they were.

The back wall is now free of towering stacks of boxes.  The birth certificate was in a notebook-like thing in a box with a router table, one black shoe, and other related items.  Reminds me of an IQ test; what comes next in this series? 1 black shoe, 1 router table, 3 harmonicas, ?

Your guess is as good as mine.

In the process I found things that I had never seen.  It was an eye opening experience, mostly regarding family matters.

Who knew I had some decent stainless steel pans?

By measure of volume, I'd say a much is going out the door as is being saved, and that will probably shrink by a third before it is all over.

I found notebooks of writing; mostly lyrics, but not completely.  There are ideas, topical satire things, nonsense, etc. Most of it is far more entertaining than I'd expect.

Best f all, I found my Humanitarian Certificate; a certificate of appreciation from the City of Miami for unknown effort after a hurricane.   It proves I have a heart.  I know how the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz felt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive