Sunday, May 26, 2013

Times Feel Like They Be Changing

Typically, as I whittle this chaos down and begin to bring some neatness and organization into my life, I feel like running away.  To what, I don't know.

I went to the annual big wingding at the winery which is about 2 miles further up or over this mountain.  All narrow, winding dirt road, of course.  Many people show up to this thing, with several of them camping and the whole bit.

They had 3 bands play.  They were OK but didn't spark anything in me.

Drunks up the yingyang.  Banshee women.  Miniature mexican shaped like a potato seemed to want to fight for unknown reasons.  I slipped that one, fortunately.  The screwed up girl-up-the-hill antics and the odd women who injected themselves in our business made the evening and party one of the worst times since arriving in SD.

I actually liked the up-the-hill girl, whom I'll refer to as That F'ing Idiot.  No, too long.  Witless.  Pretty Witless, the waste of my time.

I'm not sure what it is about this area, but in this general age range which includes those 25 years younger, married women will fall all over themselves to sabotage any single man they spot getting close to a single woman.  I've watched it happen to others, and experienced it happen to me.

All I have to say is I do not care if people drink, but if you act like an obnoxious creep when you do, I still hold you responsible.  After last night, if I never talk to one single even just tipsy person, I'll be happy.

So many drama magnets and controlling, boundary jumping busy bodies up here, it is scary.  That is why I do not go out of my way to meet too many people up here.  It makes me want to move to Texas or somewhere.  Maybe Seattle.  Maybe the moon.

But this is still the best cabin or cottage I've seen in this county.  Up and over the hill is out of sight.  Those people back there are not so close.

Uh oh.  I just figured it out.

I'll bet most of the people up here are required by law to dwell a certain distance from anyone else.  Like a restraining order on behalf of the rest of humanity.  That would explain a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive