Saturday, November 30, 2013

Documenting for ?

It has come to my attention that no matter where you go, someone is going to be putting it up on facebook.  I do not want every visit to anywhere to be documented.  I end up having to explain, in certain cases, "yes, I worked in the morning and got a call to stop by house X where they were playing music"  because the person was thinking I said I was working but there he is on some lunatic's facebook page not working.

Really, is it necessary or desirable to document every moment and put it online?  I think not in both cases.  We have a culture in which people follow themselves around like paparazzi.  They are their own stalkers, posting pictures of every move they make.  People stalking themselves for photo ops then putting it on facebook.  I'm wondering if self-cyber bullying will be the next phase.

Maybe if I quit showing up, I can avoid the shock of seeing images of myself which I'd rather not have posted.  It's just a by-product, collateral damage, of the auto-paparazzi syndrome.

3 comments:

  1. Message received, loud and clear, should your wanderings find you in the vicinity of oneself and best friend. Which we ardently hope happens, soon. Safe (undocumented) travels. f & b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly didn't mean you. More the semi-musician circle in which I circulate. Not always up for the notoriety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent observations re FB. Just another venue for the modern addiction to narcissism. {shrugs}

    But of course what they all don't realize is: FB is **THE** source par excellence for the NWOers to get ALLLLLL the info they need on you, for the day when they putcha in prison (or KZ's) and tighten the thumbscrews. Creeeeepy.

    Verbi (Too lazy, etc.)

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive