Monday, February 16, 2009

The Zenness of Being

An appreciated reader's comment (makes it sound like I have lots of readers and comments) started me thinking. I call it thinking, anyway. Perhaps you have another word for it. I don't want to know it if you do.

There was mention of wasted effort, kind of along the "casting pearls before swine" lines. I use that old phrase a lot because I often do what it describes. However, many times the result of an effort is not so much the point. It is the effort, the doing that provides reward in and of itself.

When you live in another dimension much of the time, normal reward is not the issue it is to those grounded in reality. At times that is a liability. At other times it proves an asset. For the nobody of minimal means and little to show for his time on the planet, it is a godsend.

2 comments:

  1. "It is the effort, the doing that provides reward in and of itself." - Amen!

    Maybe the phrase "wasted effort" wasn't quite what I meant. No effort is ever wasted. I know this...(and your letter was a great read)

    :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, no effort is ever wasted...

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive