Thursday, March 19, 2009

California Dreamin--part 420 or so

Just a few observations:

Almost every day the traffic report includes a caution that one or another of the major highways has a ladder, couch, lawn furniture, stove or the like in one of the lanes "so use caution".
My thought on that is, why do so many people around here not think to secure their cargo? Couches seem to top the list of things that end up in the road. It's puzzling.

In speaking about the highways, and I may have mentioned this previously, not sure if I only discussed it verbally, they always use the word "the", as in "the 5" or "the 67". That wasn't the custom in Florida, North Carolina or Tennessee. It was, "highway 40" or just "40". Like, take forty west to Nashville. Here they would say, "Take the five north to LA." Sounds funny to me still.

I see almost no out of state license plates. That is surprising. I've seen more Mexican plates than out of state, and not too many of those.

That's it for now. It is no illegal to smoke in parks in San Diego. I wonder if that covers medicinal cannabis?

2 comments:

  1. We use the 401 here. We might take 38 or 7 north, or #2 east, but we always take The 401 in either direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe The 401 leads eventually to The Caleeforneeya.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive