Monday, July 26, 2010

California Dreamin--part 724

Sometimes radio ads aren't that intelligible. I would have sworn I heard the ecited lady in the ad say, "The best thing about Burger Barn is that they use CRACk fed beef!!!".

Well, it is the land of fruits and nuts, maybe someone has been feeding crack to their cattle. Possibly it started accidentally. I imagine the drug enforcement people were winding their way up the driveway and an alert crack dealer threw the stuff in a feeding trough, the cattle ate it, he had a big cookout to celebrate 4-20 and everyone raved about the beef. An idea was born.

It makes sense. I think the main entrepreneurial opportunities in the state are drug related. Most of your employees don't care to be listed on the books and you can maintain a relatively low overhead. Normal stuff doesn't pay, and hiring people that you have to list is heavy liability.
============

I was thinking of that song, "If you're going to San Francisco/ be sure to wear flowers in your hair..."
It puzzled me that all the toilets I'd seen were those 6 liter/1.5 gallon jobs. Often they do not work well at all. Then I realized it was something mandated in the name of green and saving water. The trouble is that it often takes 10 flushes to do the trick.

And this is not just me, over at the political puppeteer's place there have been issues unrelated to me from time to time.

Then after I thought of that song, I thought of the beginning of an updated version:

"If you're going to California// be sure to wear a plunger in your hair"

I'm afraid to dwell on further lyrics. That is a catchy start though.
============

I haven't checked out this site, however this animation di recently cross my credenza, and I cannot argue with their assertions regarding what is right and wrong concerning rights.

http://www.isil.org/resources/introduction.swf

May be a radical outfit, but the part to which I refer is philosophically straightforward, neither promotes nor targets any group. It is nice to see something purely based on principle. I'll have to see the rest of the site to know if they just suck you in then go off in directions which contradict the asserted value system.

Here's another amusing item that crossed my credenza. That credenza is like friggin Grand Central Station these days.


PS: I do think the earth's temperature is cycling, but I do not think this cycle can be changed by ceasing human activity, nor do I think human activity has significantly influenced the situation. It is like me telling you there will a lunar eclipse if you don't pay me money and do as I say. Those things come in cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive