Monday, July 26, 2010

Consumer product review #10726 and 10726.2,:: and I was thinking

Popcorn. Jolly Time is a name you can trust.

I think that says it all. It won't stop me from expounding, though. Microwave popcorn is for people with a desire to eat flavored styrofoam. MSG, maybe DDT, and LSD. It just is not the same as Jolly Time cooked in a pan.

It takes no longer to make it the right way, anyhow. Each to his/her/its own. Jolly time is the real deal. It tastes like the real America. Pop it right and you can't lose. I give Jolly Time 2 thumbs up. The bag is re-sealable, and unlike most resealable bags, it actually works.

=======

Those little plastic things they often use in lieu of a twist tie. They are an abomination. What is the point of that? They tear the plastic when you wrestle them off so you can get to the bread, then when you try to close the bag with them, no way they keep air moisture and dreaded diseases out. You could drive a bus in there if you were a gnat and the bus was to scale.
Whoever came up with that bright idea was only trying to shave manufacturing costs and did so at the expense of quality. I denounce that person as a rude pretender who is of the ilk that give free enterprise a bad name.

Two thumbs down for the plastic pseudo clip on the bread packaging.

================

Do people like Sean Penn and Oliver Stone think they would have survived had they been living in Cuba as they are here- fame fortune, money-- and that Castro and Che would not have either killed them or stripped them of their wealth when they marched in? So many of those people, the Che shirts and Hollywood elite amaze me. I do not think they see even a shred of reality. And they are rich. You don't have to have much insight in order to be wealthy. (My pep talk for the day).
So when O. Stone and gang sing the praises of Hugo Chavez and claim he's not an abuser of rights, I kind of wish they'd move to a place like that and see how long it takes to lose. All that has to happen is that their happiness no longer be a benefit to the propaganda machine, and bam, they are among the masses. They would not like that.
========================

I still think the cutting edge in wheelchairs, as far as what normal people in need can afford, is light years behind where it should be. It is absurd that someone confined to a chair doesn't typically have the ability to rise up to cabinet level, overcome curb size bumps in terrain, etc. I know. Those who complain about technical and design issues should take the trouble to design something better. Otherwise you sound like some entitlement ingrate whiner.

If the money putting braille at drive up windows and putting ramps where no one goes had been put to designing versatile, go anywhere mobility devices, we might be ahead of the game. That's ok. This nut will be one day cracked. Maybe that guy who designed those 2 wheel scooters is still working on that. He had a chair with gyro/computer stabilizing technology, like in the Segue, and it did a lot of good things. I don't know if they ever went further--got cost down, made it more adaptable to a variety of disability types, etc. Sometimes I wonder at the priorities when it comes to infirmities. I definitely wonder about the approach. Like always it misses the real underlying issue.

+++++
I do not think I buy the argument that if we "weren't fighting them over there, we'd be fighting them over here". The MidEast is a lunatic land, with religious states and civil wars also revolving around religion. You cannot reason with that and you cannot fix that. Stability can never be had. You want to take out a group or leader--go for it--assassinate. It sounds crude but it would be less bloody and expensive than now.

We may have to deal with them over here anyway. We keep kissing up to people by not understanding that freedom of religion does not mean everyone else has to somehow contribute to you by accommodating you peculiar needs and desires. WORSHIP AND BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT, as long as you are not violating my rights, my space, etc.

How would you know if you won a victory in one of those places? How can you tell? I am not sure I've heard it defined in any terms simple enough for me to grasp. I have never approved of our involvement in that part of the world. That goes back several decades. It is a sick trouble making thing, and I am not totally clear on motive other than the strategic nature of the location. I learned that playing Risk, way back when.

3 comments:

  1. I prefer stove cooked popcorn. I especially like the white over the yellow popcorn.

    In terms of the war on terrorism; we don't even know the difference in the various tribes over there. Causes all sorts of animosity during negotiations.

    How is your music coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was very young, I read the Pentagon papers with much interest.

    Today, to be very honest, I am a bit reluctant to log onto the wikileaks website and peruse some of the 91,000 pages of 'classified' material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My music ain't that great, but I keep trying

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive