Monday, September 6, 2010

While I'm At It; Labor Day is a Scam

Obviously, people who don't get the most basic elements of economics, nature and the art of owning your life are the ones who created Labor Day. It implies that there is an insurmountable caste system in place and that performing labor is different than any other act which enhances value and constitutes a trade.

Believe what you want, but such things are actually designed to keep the masses down and instill a fatalistic philosophy in which they look for ways to extort or find perpetual dependence upon those they see as the enemy--The Rich, Management, etc., in the extreme. And at the least look upon themselves as grudgingly less-than.

Yas sir, no sir. Well, Boss, I jus' wondered could I use the bathroom. I do not find it natural to call anyone "Boss", and only "sir" in a professional sense which creates wanted distance. I hated it when people sometimes called me "Boss" or "hey, boss man", even if they may have been half meaning it in a complimentary way. I'm no person's boss. That goes both ways. Do not like that mentality.

Not how it ought to be.

I've made my way doing labor much of my adult life. I studied labor contracts, was in a union. You may get all puffed up about "helpin' the workin' man", protecting against robber barons and whatever "unfair" means, but most union contracts are designed first and foremost to keep the union management in high style and offer them security.

Never has it occurred to me that because I was doing labor, even sweeping floors, that I could not change my circumstances should I find it in me to put out the effort. That does not mean anyone in a particular company is going to invite me or anyone else to climb the ranks. If I do not think I am treated fairly or taken seriously, I find a way to leave. Sometimes you have to bide your time.

If you really believe in your value then it is their loss. Of course systems which reward seniority above competence, typical union model, do get in the way of such free market practice. Even so, nothing says one can't go it alone. Given that with every feel good rule they lay down the obstacles to independent endeavor increase, but it is not impossible to make things happen if you have the vision and the drive.

Lots of people get stuck at that point because their vision is not in line with reality. That is just how it goes. I haven't built much but my belief in what I just said is pretty much unshakeable.

I do know that any trade done honestly is noble, whether it be hauling wheel barrows full of rocks, or crafting a contract with a copper mine. Locking one's self into the feudal system notion of lords and serfs (management and labor) is just falling into a trap. One thing for sure, the pretend celebration of laborers is not really much more than a slap in the face in the larger, grand scheme of things. It's a friggin trick in which thugs of all stripes have played a part.

Sorry to burst a bubble, but the whole tribal antagonism that has been created between blue collar and whatever else subtly plants the idea that the "other" is really somehow better, more powerful, and of a superior species--even if it may be one that allegedly needs collective action to keep it in line.

Why should anyone think anyone is so much better than them that they need to focus always on some contentious relationship? Or that lower one's self to extortion and thug tactics to get what you want is justified? I've worked for companies that were terrible in matters of integrity, playing the blame game, cheating employees, etc. That still doesn't justify me becoming a gangster to force them to give me something. I walk.

They only get by with it because of the myriad of convoluted regulations that industry leaders helped government write, while whining about them publicly. It locks out competition and actually inhibits opportunity in thousands of instances.

Picket lines be damned. If I wanted to work then I work. No union or other employee has a right to impede me.

I guess the idea that you can walk away, do better, or actually thrive in place doesn't compute.

So much corruption, brainwashing and institutionalized serfdom to be dissolved. That's what happens when you let government have the power to make companies and unions more powerful, and to influence who does what in the market.

1 comment:

  1. Which dovetails nicely into working for yourself.

    All about the system and how you play the game. Most of my business ventures involve deep strategy about tax defenses.

    Crazy to think that way but that is how it is...

    Bobby

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive