Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Gods Must be Crazy

So, we elect Moonbeam for governor then refuse to legalize pot. Seems contradictory. I guarantee Jerry is not stranger to the magic weed. California is peopled by very contradictory voters.

My buddy Lutz lost. A smart candidate could have taken that race. People are becoming tired of political family dynasties. He was beat by the most recent issue of Duncan Hunters. Lutz was too arrogant as were his workers. They zapped my email off a petition against the powerlink, then sent stuff calling the competition an "idiot", "Useless", etc. That may work when you are already preaching to the choir.

The surly practice of sneering and deriding the opponent without discussing the difference in philosophy fully and realistically may be cool, and make people feel smart and superior, but it does nothing to persuade people, and in some cases alienates the undecided.

When I could figure out the Lutz agenda and his ideas on things, I didn't find the prospect of having him in office a good one.
Negative ads in and of themselves don't bother me much. Quite often they are so transparent as to have the opposite effect on me.

Considering that it could be argued that the DEA has done more to promote drugs than any other entity besides the press, I think not voting to legalize pot is foolish. No big deal to me except that the public is really fooled on this. I bet the mob, gangs, and mexican cartels are breathing a sigh of relief. I better wear a heavy pan on my head--they may be firing guns in the air to celebrate.

ps: the only time I felt any emotion to speak of during this election was when they had candidates talking themselves up before adoring fans here in CA. I never have understood people that place some stranger in such awe above themselves that they cheer with religious zeal just at the sight of their chose master or mistress(?)..[that sounds wrong---who wouldn't cheer his/her mistress--given it is not at an awkward family moment?]. Anyway, that sort of hero worship of anyone playing games on the public dime does not resonate with me at all.

I think people should just grow pot everywhere in CA, all over medians, in city planters, etc. Just for the fun of it. And poppies, too.

Back to having fun with this book. Made some changes, and some progress. Maybe I'll turn it into a hot steamy sex book. We are getting close to that point in the story where it would fit. Doubtful that will happen. Most likely the white collar workers will revolt and join forces with the homeless, launching a revolution.

update: oh boo hoo, San Diego voters rejected a sales tax increase. It was sold as necessary to keep the fire department at 100% because the city has spent more money than it has on BS. They always point at things like fire rescue instead of all the garbage stuff they do. It isn't as if this is low cost of living area as it is. Go figure. They vote that down but seem to support every person who wants to squeeze the turnip a bit more. I can't wait to get rich so I can cover them all in money. It won't shut them up though. But, if they don't control it too much, money can buy a degree of freedom. It can even buy those who control everyone else.

1 comment:

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive