Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hulu.com Movie Review; volume 60 and 61

Interstate 60 is a movie I liked.
They did not call it The Sixty. Nope, it was "interstate sixty".
That was not the only reason I liked it.
It was funny, surreal, silly, and kind of magical. Overall, enjoyable and uplifting.

That's it.



Also the surfing documentary "Bustin' Down the Door" is very good. And it is the real deal.
This tells the tale of how surfing became a professional sport with some money attached.
The Aussies and South Africans hit Hawaii and surfing would never be the same. They tended to rub the locals the wrong way, but their realization that they had to be brash to get noticed, and crazy good surfers to back it up eventually paid off.
It is the sort of documentary that holds my interest.
Bitchin flick

2 comments:

  1. I never would hav thought to watch it. Now it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii can be a very competitive environment for surfing. They get rather hostile with the howlies very quickly.

    I have surfed Hawaii with my kid and frankly it scared the absolute crap out of me in Wamiea.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive