Saturday, March 5, 2011

lakesidehotel3-2-11

Here's one that GV1 wrote.
I particularly like the words.
I've been to the Lakeside Hotel and heard the stories. It is now a halfway house and recovery meeting place for drugs and alcohol, which makes the song and history that much more entertaining.



These are really nice people. The guy on the right ran a coffee shop kind of place in the sixties, and maybe later, where Steve Martin played when he had the arrow in his head. All kinds of history, Big Mama Thornton, and names I forgot but you'd recognize. One famous song writer/singer used to hang out there starting out as a 17 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive