Friday, April 8, 2011

Everything for a Reason (Obesity Epidemic Saves the World)

It is the theory of many that everything happens for a reason. This concept is often a bit taxing as I see no reason for all kinds of things. However, I now see the reason for my suddenly convex gut, and otherside of belly.

I'm not hugely obese but I did notice I put it on lately.

It turns out that there was a reason for this. It was so I did not go over with the glass paneled door, smashing a very expensive thing on the concrete slab.

It was over at the place where I do menial tasks, like search for Sparky ferret.

If I had not developed a substantial ballast, I'd be in trouble. This is all diagramed and explained in these photos and computer graphs.

Ever have something go just past that point where you cannot counterbalance it from going over forward, taking you with it if you don't let go? That was the situation with the door. Gave me quite a scare, but I was able to save with an once of force to spare. Thanks to those extra chips and tortillas.


Here's the scientific explanation.

So, there was reason I began to add the weight. To save that door. It is a version of the John Irving story, A Prayer for Owen Meany. All this seemingly needless stuff leads to one miraculous event which saves the day. In my case a door was saved. That may be different than saving a life or the world, but who knows, the ripple effect may have done just that and we just don't know it.

Admittedly the math is arranged to make the point. Otherwise I'd have to have put D < D + D/4 OZ
It still works out.

1 comment:

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive