Sunday, May 1, 2011

Just Wondering What It Is Called

Pakistan. I always thought the way Americans, and maybe even Bits, referred to it was "pack-e-stan". (Short E. Stan as in Musiel or Clarke)

Tonight I've been hearing a bunch of "pockee-stahn". (stahn rhymes with John) I've heard it before, but thought it was like calling the Marine Corps, "Marine Corpse", one of those things that would pass.

That is all.

Now back to the ever evolving dog and pony show. New acts introduced daily, and sometimes hourly.

I'm sorry, but there are times I detect absolutely no emotion or sincerity in public officials at press conferences, or elsewhere.

Makes you wonder if the bearded nomad was ever even a real person, or just a manufactured face in this era of personalizing everything, as if one person does and should wield immense power. I tend to think no one wields power without cooperation and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive