Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What is With Facebook

So, I see that Jetblue is doing a live free or fly promotion. You can win a free trip out of the country if the election doesn't go your way. So I go to sign up.

First you have to vote by clicking on a picture of an elephant or a jack ass. Then it gives but one option, "log in using facebook". What if I do not want to? I see no options, so I gave up.

I hate that. Facebook is great if you want people in your business, or if you want to make it look like your business is something other than what it is, and you want people all in that. I see it as an accident waiting to happen. You hit a few wrong clicks and no telling what might go out to all your "friends".

I've discovered that errant tap and click probability is increased exponentially on a smart phone. Those things seem useful and clever, but therein may reside the devil. It's a hard life.

By the way, no one has 7500 friends, or even 750. I'm suspect of even 75 friends with whom you feel great sharing private info. They are not your friends. You lie, and facebook has helped you become a liar. They encouraged it. You are weak and dishonest. I'm sorry.

I,too,lied. My name is not exactly what I told facebook it is. But, like the government, I feel they have no business pushing it and that they don't deserve anything more than what I care to share with them about myself.

It is the prevalence of things on unrelated sites that I find annoying. I want to go to St Maartens or somewhere if this thug gets another term. Or if the other guy gets his first four. But I can't bet both ways so, you vote for the loser on the airline contest. And maybe hope he wins.

But who cares? I see no way to just sign up to make my bet. Step two goes through facebook. "log in using Facebook!" No no no.

I have a bad feeling about this. I think we are acquiescing to a type of slavery by cooperating with the over use of 'cookies' and the ubiquitous facebook presence.

Great technology, but people based in California invariably do not know when to just leave well enough alone. Intrusive bunch of bastards, and google and facebook are the vanguard of this assault. Between facebook and google, they'll directly or indirectly queer the whole freedom on the internet deal.

I guess that applies elsewhere, too, but I'm on one of those 'California bastards' kicks. Geez, they love to mind your business. Makes me want to buy cigars and go downtown blowing smoke in their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive