Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cooking With Hotplates

My stove is a countertop appliance than plugs into a regular wall outlet.  Like a lamp.  It consists of two "burners", each of which is a metal disc.

The idea is that the metal disc will eventually get hot enough to cook something.  I've learned to turn the thing up as high as it goes, and use a large frying pan with a lid.  Not a heavy cast iron pan.  That might take forever.

Here's what you do.  You put whatever it is on the pan, add the upside down large stainless bowl that serves as lid, turn control up to high, go do something else.  Like write here, read an article, start a show on hulu.  Practice playing when you are in that mood.  Right now, I am not very interested in playing music.

A clever trick is to place a small piece of butter here and there.  It serves as a temperature report when you check to see how things are.

In some ways this cooking system is a time saver.  If the burners actually burned like real burners do, I'd have to keep a close eye on it.  This set up can be left for awhile; take a shower, go to the next step in changing the oil in the car, turn on computer and see what's up, etc.

Now that I think of it, this is the picture of an idiot who has gone too long without getting married again.  Not necessarily legally and all that.  Often there is no point, at a certain stage, in bringing the state and/or the church into it.  That probably means commitment.  No wonder I am here now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive