Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Life Meaning

It must have been a reaction to someone describing the "service" of a senator.  The tone and context implying that living on the public dime, making a career of it, is somehow an elevated calling.  Not in my book.  I checked it and it said "NO".

That brought me to thoughts and recollections of harboring and hearing concerns about meaningful work.  I think any honest, freely traded work is significant.   People are designed to create, cultivate, build and imagine.  Our minds and bodies are designed for that and sex.  That's it.

Really, that should be a great deal.  We're designed to be nuts as well.  It humors the powers that be.  Should I have capitalized Powers That Be?   Maybe add PBUH(peace be upon him; it, they, she, he, that).

When I remember that any endeavor which requires use of body and mind, and pays money or serves as trade, is making use of what I've been given to navigate life, I tend to do better.  It all has meaning.

That doesn't mean all work has the same market value.  The significance is still there.

Things that I am only just learning, a healthy 13 year old would already know.  My parents, for whatever reasons, just assumed I'd understand life and all else by pulling the info out of the ether.   To some extent I guess I did.

Most of the time I feel freer and less stressed now than I did at thirteen.   Looking back it hardly seems like that was me.  I don't think I enjoyed much for several years.  I know.

I did go through the motions, and I had my dreams, even though they seemed somehow forbidden.   I'm pretty sure, if I had to grow up the way it is now in the USA, I'd be locked up or dead.  Kids have less freedom, in some ways, than did everyone older than them.  That trend has been there for awhile.

I'd roller skate up and down the street, at four years old, with no one outside watching.   I was five or six when I got my first BB gun.  I'm not sure if crime was that much lower or the politics of paranoia and the accompanying entertainment industry built around fear had simply not yet matured and molded the psyche of the culture.  

Whatever the case, it was not all roses.  Not in Miami, that's for sure.  Largely a town of jerks when I was growing up.  Living elsewhere makes that clear.

Alright, finding meaning in what's being done right now.  Making use of the design in which they chose to house me, whatever I am.  It was all arranged at the factory.  I don't remember it.   Who knows where to find the factory.  Cheap imitations, like public schools, are the best you get.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive