Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride

Or something

Attending a wedding this weekend.  Weddings are an incredible amount of work, looking from the outside in.  Even small weddings make the people putting it on very jittery.  I was in one of those once. And then I wasn't married any more.  Enough on that.  I will say animosity was not a player in the split.

Weddings make you think of those things.  Even if you don't want to.  And I don't.

In this case I'm close to the family so there will be strategic assignments relative to relatives, and taking care of a few other things.  Sort of a diplomat.  Or covert operator.  In any case it is dangerous.

It is the code: Sometimes being a friend requires risking exposure to drama and intrigue.  There are times it cannot be helped.

I like to keep the code fairly flexible, just in case unforeseen circumstances require it.
Or do I?  Now I'm not so sure.  Just don't test it, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive