Friday, August 9, 2013

For the Wrong Reasons, Fortunately

Suffice it to say I've been a vegetarian all my life.  I am not saving the planet by doing so.  The sight of a steak does not make me queazy.

Apparently such sentiments are not always felt by nouveau-vegetarians and vegans.  They are as redneck in their way as the ones who get all riled up if you don't eat meat.  "Goddam vegetarian #$%^&*ies."

People can sense that I don't want to discuss it, so the jerky ones always have to bring it up.  It has always felt like having little freakshow moment.  I don't make a scene at restaurants, or do any of that stupid stuff some idiot vegetarians do.

Maybe all their self righteous reasons are the wrong ones.

Oh no.  I thought I was in this racket for the wrong reasons.  The non-carnivore racket.

Got nothing against hunting, beasts of burden, ranching, or leather goods.  I don't care if you wear a fur coat from a polar bear.  So, obviously my reasons must be wrong because I don't care why I do what seems most suitable for me, and easiest.  I considered converting, but I wouldn't do it unless I was in a situation in which I had to.  The desire just is not there.

And I know this is way out of line, but I don't care what is good for you.  I especially do not care what kinds of meat, fish, and foul are deemed healthy or unhealthy.  It tends to vary anyway.

That this would come up is evidence that people can be beyond nuts, but there is no way that the planet will be saved from anything if everyone quits eating the way they like.   Geez, save the lectures for lions and coyotes.

The planet will survive.  Humans may or may not.  I think the species could survive, but only if we quit trying to cater the lowest common denominator.  You can be nice to a moron without running the world the way he would.

Eventually we'll all have to go save some other planet.  Not we, per se, but we humans, the species.  I have concluded I'm probably human, so I take such bold liberties.

We may even bring some cows and the like.  Horses have to be hauled to the new planet, although there may be some ridable flying mammals on the planet which are more fun.  I'll never know unless there is some window for you to see after you kick the bucket.

Possibilities are endless.

2 comments:

  1. "The planet will survive. Humans may or may not. I think the species could survive, but only if we quit trying to cater the lowest common denominator. You can be nice to a moron without running the world the way he would."

    Another absolute masterpiece. Would love to borrow this for my page, to share with my 3 or 4 readers. fin

    ReplyDelete
  2. public domain--yours for the taking. Glad to be noticed

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive