Sunday, December 8, 2013

Good to Reason Out a Plan

Finally, a plan has emerged.  Whatever switch was thrown, I now have an itinerary-- loose, but for me a big deal.  It bring a sense of relief.  It includes things to do prior to the tour launch as well.  I characteristically pack 30 minutes before I leave.  This time, maybe I won't wait until the day of departure to do everything.

It helps that visiting 2 out of 3 of the people and families I want to see on the return trip is possibly more convenient for them as well.  I haven't been able to contact the other one yet to see what works.  Eliminating the time pressure helps a lot.  I forgot that in the past it was a little different sort of trip.  Also I know I put in some very long driving days of over 12 hours at a shot.

This time I intend to avoid driving when I reach that zombie-like riving condition, which fools you into thinking you are fit, but as soon a you stop for gas and stand up you realize you are spent.  As good as even a smidgeon of organization and forethought feel, I have to wonder why I don't make such rational practices a daily habit.  Do I blame Bush?  Or Obama?  Or the 1%?  Or the 99%?  Or climate (warming, cooling, climate change, not enough carbon taxes?

I guess I blame my first grade teacher, and too many blows to the head during my life.

Don't know why I didn't get a pic.  I saw a car parked at the overlook which had an array of solar cells on a board as wide and long as would work on a 4 door Focus.  It was on a piece of plywood, hinged along one side so it can be tilted up for good angle.

I couldn't see the occupants in the car but it looked like it was packed to the gills with cables and electronic things mounted everywhere inside.  I kept my distance out of respect for privacy, though I did see some evidence of movement within the vehicle.  But I don't know if there was more than one person or whether they be male, female, old young, white, black, or other.

It looked like a great system for traveling, or from running a base of surveillance with depending on the car's power production.  Should have claimed to be a reporter or building inspector, knocked on the window and conducted an interview.  It was an interesting rig and I'd like to know more about it and what is being powered.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive