Saturday, December 7, 2013

So Quick to Forget

I must have forgotten how far Key Largo is from San Diego.  I'm telling everyone, "Oh yea, I'll stop here an there along the way, as if it is just a leisurely few days.  I'm thinking I better see them all on the way back, otherwise I'd have about thirty minutes to visit and it won't work well.

OK.  Anyone on the trail, expect a call today or tomorrow, depending upon when you see this.  I've driven it before but don't recall how that worked out.  Plus I think I had some monster drives of 14 or 18 hours.  I'm not so sure I'm up for that this time.

Two hours driving and a fifteen minute break.  That is probably the best way to pace.  I wonder why I didn't realize that placing additional time pressure would queer the deal.  (not that there's anything wrong with queered deals in the new millennium.  Even so, the term has a good ring and expresses the meaning well)

It will work out.  I certainly want to see my friends and kin.  How could I have been so cavalier in my trip preparation?  Not too hard when you're the guy who left Memphis for a life unknown, in an undetermined location out west, with only a map of the southeastern United States.  No gps at that time either.  I knew which way was west and that I'd be going through Taos, NM.  Other than that I had not much plan.  I expected to hit Seattle.  San Diego was not expected.  Chance encounter with a long lost friend put this place on the tour.

So, my history of researching and planning trips, major moves, or life changes is a bit sketchy.

I know I want to be in South Florida by the 20th or 21st.  This is why I need a mate.  She would have all that stuff worked out and make the drive that much more pleasant.  Only a dumb ass would manage to come up without, at this point in life.

If the shoe fits


No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive