Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Protest Tip

If an election didn't go your way, and there is no present evidence that all the necessary votes were illegitimate,  grin and bear it.  Protesting makes zero sense.  Your vote contrary to the majority is your protest.  What, you think you have a right to make the rest of the world conform to your choices?  That's my objection to the current power structure.  It would be hypocritical of me to protest.

I guess there hasn't been much of it.  A bunch of drunks at U of Mississippi.   Then that spwned a bigger protest which was supposed to be a "let's all get along" demonstration to protest protest #1.  The reportedly drew 700 people and the first one drew 400.

If you are going to protest, protest something that has a chance greater than zero out of infinity of being changed.

It is so rare that I can support a demonstration.  For one thing it is rare that I'm in agreement with the effort, and for another, it is rare that they don't block roads and doorways and generally inconvenience strangers.

Protests of this nature cause people to think the opposite of what you are saying must be right.  And it gives a pass to the myriad of groups and individuals who threatened worse mob action had things gone otherwise.  No one from Ol' Miss will read this so once again, I'm relieving myself in the wind.

Geez, I could protest half the stuff, and almost all the elected officials that Californians voted in.   They suckered for the tax the rich scheme which doesn't require you be all that rich, but it will retard the hiring process with small businesses.  They suckered for all kinds of things.

Here, they always claim it is for the schools, but they spend money on so much fluff and garbage that they'll never be solvent.  They are definitely crazy.  Not everyone, of course, but obviously a majority of the voters, dead and alive, are not thinking of long term good.  Just short term payback in corrupt little schemes.

I may end up having to run from CA before running from the feds.   It's so nice here, though, so as long as I can find a way to keep this deal going, I'm staying put.   At this rate it is possible that they may make it illegal for people of my ilk to be of my ilk, but that hasn't happened yet.  I am getting fed up with harassment from border patrol and highway patrol when I decide to chill out at one or another scenic overlook.  It is happening regularly, lately.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive