Monday, July 15, 2013

If I Had a Wife, She'd Look Like Nicole

OK.  Almost have it all out of my system for now.

In other news, my colleague, Joel, has confessed that he is the one who is nuts and that I am sane, stable and always right.

Not sure if the last part is verbatim, but I'm sure that is what he meant.

----------

A little tip when it comes to caulking in tight places which are still visible so it has to be neat:  if you aren't careful it can become messy, tedious and troublesome.  If it involves a very small gap, cut the tip so that it has a small opening.  Ignore their little guide dents on the nozzle.  They just want lots of stuff coming out o you buy more sooner.

A damp finger is the ticket for smoothing it.  Also deft use of a sponge, and a case of paper towels help things along.

---------------

I guess the fire is about out up on Sunrise Parkway, Mt. Laguna.  It was only 15% contained for days.  The whole fire thing, and the fact that little is done in the way of clever prevention to limit the fire's fuel and spread so it doesn't ruin people's lives, makes me think of this location as temporary.  Good thing I'm a practiced vagabond.  Most of the logical steps are illegal for one reason or another.

So, do you go back to a city that is populated by racists but doesn't catch fire except when they riot?  Probably not.  I've long viewed learning to love freezing weather as the answer to peaceful living.  Places with few rabble rousers and not much population density--in more ways than one--are usually places with harsh winters.   Good weather tends to attract riffraff.

---------------
If I had a dog, he'd look like Old Yeller.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive