Monday, May 25, 2015

War Is Over, unless you get killed there

I had no idea.  During Obama's obligatory, and highly bizarre, Memorial Day speech (complete with those annoying whistling S's) he disclosed that the war in Afghanistan is over.

Who knew?  He implied we aren't at war anywhere.  I didn't know.  Of course the trainers and advisors there, who are soldiers, but not there at war because the war is over, occasionally buy the farm.   It must fall somewhere between "died in action" and oops, wrong place at wrong time.  Obama picked one out by name for a posthumous shout out, but I am unclear on the technical specifics; war is over but soldiers getting killed where the war used to be.

The phoniness surrounding this government and this holiday is truly nauseating.  "Few know what it’s like to take a bullet for a buddy, or to live with the fact that he or she took one for you," says the big O.   Are you kidding me?   Let's throw some salt in the wounds of the living.

Let's see, if I took a bullet for a buddy, chances are I'd be dead.  I'd know what it was like to take the bullet for a buddy, and what it is like to be dead.  What a screwy thing to say.  He doesn't know what it is like to be in the military.  These phony events are so wrought with half truth, total pretense at caring or concern, opportunistic photo ops and sound bites, unthinking bandwagon language.  Drunks.  

Still, I am so happy the war in Afghanistan is over.  Who won?  

Somehow, 90% of everyone I have heard use the term, "ultimate sacrifice" strikes me as a self serving phony.  Probably because they are.

1 comment:

  1. The Emporers New Suit of Clothes meets Alice in Wonderland on the way to Room 101.

    ReplyDelete

Can't make comments any easier, I don't think. People are having trouble--google tries to kidnap them. I'll loosen up one more thing and let's see. Please give it a try

About Me

My photo
Ballistic Mountain, CA, United States
Like spring on a summer's day

Followers

Blog Archive